All pupils are welcome to apply for a place at Riddings Infant and Nursery School in line with the School’s Admissions Policy which can be found here https://www.riddingsinfantandnursery.co.uk/policies/
Details regarding admission for pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities can also be found here: https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/education/schools/school-places/primary-admissions/parentsguide/more-information/sen/school-places-for-children-with-special-educational-needs.aspx ).
If a place is available we will undertake to use our best endeavours, in partnership with parents/ carers, to ensure that we establish the provision required to meet the SEN of children at this school including looked after pupils with SEN.
• For children with an EHCP parents/carers have the right to request a particular school and the Local Authority must comply with that and name the school in the EHC Plan unless:
- It would be unsuitable for age, ability, aptitude or SEN of the child or
- The attendance of the child would be incompatible with the efficient education of others or efficient use of resources.
• Before making the decision to name our school in a child’s EHCP, the Local Authority will send the
Governing Body a copy of the EHCP and then consider their comments very carefully before a final decision on placement in made. In addition, the Local Authority must also seek the agreement of school where the draft EHCP sets out any provision to be delivered on their premises that have been secured through a direct payment (personal budget).
• Parents of a child with an EHCP also have the right to seek a place at a Special School if they consider that their child’s needs can be better met in a specialist provision.
How will the school support my child when joining or transferring to a new school
Transition to another setting: