At Riddings Infant and Nursery School, we promote Cultural Capital through PE in the following ways...
Invasion Games / Athletics / Striking and Fielding
- Children will learn a variety of skills. They will be able to understand the mutual respect needed to compete in a sporting competition.
- Children learn to socialise with others and work as part of a team to have mutual respect for all children.
- This will be evident through the way they conduct themselves when they compete to ensure that all children learn how to be a good sportsperson.
- The children will understand that they are to be compliant with the rules of a game and that we live in a democratic society where both men and women can play mixed sports.
- Children may demonstrate knowledge of the history of dance, and its cultural impact on the world.
- They may be able to reflect on different styles of dance, influenced by different cultures and both national and international histories.
- Children may perform different types of cultural dance through celebrating festivals such as Chinese New Year and Diwali.