There is a story called 'Smartie the Penguin' which raises issues in a way that young children can relate to.
Resources available for older KS1 children 'Hector's World' - a series of cartoons about online safety and sharing 'personal information'. You can access the videos here: http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/5_7/hectorsworld
And some interactive activities here: www.hectorsworld.com/island/index.html
Please come into school if you have any concerns at all and we'd be happy to help where we can.
· Always ask a grown up before you use the internet. They can help you find the best thing to do.
· Don’t tell strangers where you live, your phone number or where you go to school. Only your friends and family need to know that.
· Don’t send pictures to people you don’t know. You don’t want strangers looking at photos of you, your friends or your family.
· Tell a grown up if you feel scared or unhappy about anything.
· You can also call ‘Childline’ on: 08001111 to talk to someone who can help.
We have extensive security measures in place in school, which are monitored both internally and externally, to help safeguard pupils from potential dangers or unsuitable material.