The Governors and staff of Riddings Infant and Nursery School take seriously their responsibility to promote the safeguarding and welfare of all children entrusted to our care.
If you are worried about a child please come and speak to Mrs Farnsworth (Designated Safeguarding Lead), Mrs Hammond (Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead) Miss Kamillo and Mrs Bartlett (Safeguarding Lead).
Child Protection is everyone's business, even when out in the community. If you believe that any child is in danger ring Call Starting Point which is the focal point for Social Care support on 01629 533190 choosing the option for urgent child protection or contact the police.
Riddings Infant and Nursery School fully recognises its responsibilities for Child Protection and Safeguarding. Safeguarding arrangements at Riddings Infant and Nursery School are underpinned by three key principles:
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility: all Staff, Governors and Volunteers should play their full part in keeping children safe.
- That Riddings Infant and Nursery School operates a child-centred approach: a clear understanding of the needs, wishes, views and voices of children.
- That all Staff, Governors and Volunteers have a clear understanding regarding abuse and neglect in all forms; including how to identify, respond and report.
What is Early Help?
At times, we may need help and advice, but finding the right department or agency can be a difficult. The Early Help Offer gives parents a framework for asking for support. An assessment form may be completed, or signposting given, to provide parents and families with services who can help. This may be behaviour support, parenting advice, bereavement counselling, health advice, or for specific medical issues.
As a school we have appointed Rachel Christian our Family Support worker. Rachel is happy to work with families at home or in school and help sign post / support where necessary.
We are always happy to help where we can and to try and help you find the right agency to support you. We will ask for individual tailored support that best meets the needs of individual situations. If in any doubt, please come and talk to us. We are here for you.
What might we be able to offer?
- Breakfast Club
- Positive Play
- 1:1 pastoral support
- Family Support Worker
- Lunchtime Play Leaders
- Key adult meet and greet
- Learning interventions e.g. reading, maths, phonics
- Parent workshops
- After school extra curricular activities
- Second hand uniform
- Additional support from outside agencies
At Riddings Infant School we meet the needs of our children through a variety of different ways.
We have an open door policy to communicate, providing time to talk to parents, children and families, to ensure all our children are safe, happy and learning.
- We are available to talk via telephone, direct email, face to face and provide time for our parents to communicate and work with us eg through Parent Consulations and good daily availability .
- Our children are actively encouraged to speak about any concerns they may have to a member of staff. The children know that our staff take all concerns seriously and know that they can speak to any responsible adult in school.
- Children can put worries into the Worry Monster boxes in all classrooms.
- We have an effective PHSE curriculum that supports children and develops key skills, not only for school, but for life.